Deposition Practicum (JD-285)
This course is offered every fall and spring semester. This course has prerequisites of Lawyering Skill I and II,Contract I and II, Criminal Law, Civil Pro. I, and Con. Law I, Property and Torts. Prerequisite: Evidence or Trial Lawyer. This course is designed to assist students in preparing for the role of effective advocate in the discovery process. Civil litigation and some phases of criminal litigation utilize depositions as the primary tool of trial preparation or settling disputes. Deposition evidence may be used as substantive evidence or for impeachment at a trial setting. The course will focus on defining deposition goals, perfecting questioning techniques, understanding the rules, forming objections and tactical considerations crucial to taking and defending depositions. This course will satisfy a requirement of both the Trial Advocacy certificate program and the Alternative Dispute Resolution certificate program.

Course Name: JD-285
Departments: Juris Doctor
Course Types: Advocacy; Simulation
Course Locations:
Prerequisites: This course is offered every fall and spring semester. This course has a prerequisite of Evidence or Trial Lawyer in addition, Students must complete the following core classes before enrolling in elective courses: Lawyering Skills I and II, Contract I and II, Criminal Law, Civil Pro I and Con Law I, Property and Torts.
Course Offerings: