Constitutional and Military Law (JD-287CM)
This course is offered at least once every two years. This course has prerequisites of Lawyering Skills I and II, Contracts I and II, Criminal Law, Torts, Property, Constitutional Law I and Civil Procedure I. This course studies the United States Constitution and its relationship to the United States military justice system. Students will acquire information and skills in order to recognize and resolve constitutional and legal issues prevalent in the Armed Forces of the United States. The course provides analytical models for dealing with problems regarding societal and military order. It seeks to enable the student to make an intelligent commitment to the values and preferences embodied in the Constitution and our separate systems of military and civilian law.Significant Supreme Court decisions are explored to support the course goals. Specific substantive areas include: separation of powers, individual rights, Due Process, civilian and military criminal procedure, and military criminal law. This course has been approved to be taught either in a live classroom setting or an online format.

Course Name: JD-287CM
Departments: Juris Doctor
Course Types: Seminar; Advocacy
Course Locations:
Prerequisites:
Course Offerings: