Accelerated Trial Advocacy for IP Attorneys (JD-189)
This course has a prerequisites of Lawyering Skills I and II, Contract I and II, Criminal Law,Civil Pro. I and Con. Law I,Property and Torts. Prerequisite: Evidence Designed for students who intend to be trial lawyers in the field of intellectual property. This course involves the full preparation and trial of one or more jury trials under the close supervision of the instructor. Be advised that there is a mandatory dress code for this class. Students are required to wear business attire for the duration of the course. This means slacks and a dress shirt with tie for male students; and the equivalent dress for female students, dress slacks with blouse or sweater, with or without jacket or blazer; or skirted suit. No jeans, t-shirts, halter or similar tops, baseball caps, sandals, tennis shoes, flip-flops, or bare feet are permitted. Shirts are to be worn tucked into trousers and belts are strongly encouraged. On the evenings of the final trials, courtroom attire is mandated; this means business suits for all students.

Course Name: JD-189
Departments: Juris Doctor
Course Types: Simulation; Advocacy
Course Locations:
Prerequisites: This course is offered every fall semester This course has a prerequisite of Evidence In addition, students must complete the following core classes before enrolling in elective courses: Lawyering Skills I and II, Contract I and II, Criminal Law, Civil Pro I and Con Law I, Property and Torts.
Course Offerings: