Real Estate Transactions (JD-243)
This course is offered every fall and spring semester. This course has prerequisite of Lawyering Skills I and II, Contracts I and II, Torts, Property, Criminal Law, Civil Procedure I, and Constitutional Law I. This course introduces the basic residential real estate transaction including the relationship of brokers to seller and to buyer, broker listing agreement, the real estate sales contract, typical real estate financing devices, land surveys, marketable title, title insurance, the Recording acts, implied warranties in residential sales, seller disclosure requirements, and ethical responsibilities of the attorney in representing the various parties to the transaction. This course has been approved to be taught either in a live classroom setting or an online format.

Course Name: JD-243
Departments: Juris Doctor
Course Types:
Course Locations:
Prerequisites: This course is offered every fall and spring semester. Students must complete the following core classes before enrolling in elective courses: Lawyering Skills I and II, Contract I and II, Criminal Law, Civil Pro I and Con Law I, Property and Torts.
Course Offerings: